Lovink Polder Pump Station
Description of assignment
The controls of Lovink pumping station were outdated and needed to be replaced. The two pumps were controlled centrally from one room, which was a considerable risk to the operational reliability. The electrical Lovink pumping station pumps the high division of both polders, using two pumps, and began operating in 1957.
As the main contractor, Hollander techniek replaced the outdated, complete electrical control of the two pumps with a capacity of 660kW/3kV at Lovink pumping station. With this new control, the two pumps can be operated independently. If one of pumps stops working, this no longer affects the working of the other pump. The medium voltage works were also carried out independently of each other. During the realization, the pumps had to continue to operate. The installation was well prepared which meant that the conversion on site could take place within a week.
Mail Ralph Klerk
October 2009 – February 2010